Thursday, June 26, 2008

Rambling to My Girl




Grace....it's just easier to write as if I'm talking to you. I got my neck all cut and stitched. Wasn't too bad. I can't really turn my head too much, but it doesn't hurt much. So, that's good. It was scary having them cut and pull on my neck, so close to arteries and veins and all. Only 11 more days until I get the stitches out. Really it's just one long stitch - but he said it was equal to about 20 small stitches. It feels weird though when they pull one long one out - that's how it was with your c-section. Strange feeling.


Marmee and Avus said you visited them on their trip to Florida. That was very thoughtful of you. She said they went to a butterfly house and that a little blond haired blue eyed girl ran up and gave her a hug. I know it was you. Thank you.


Your brother is really getting around now. He's still not completely crawling up off the floor and stuff but he is getting around just the same. It's a whole new challenge and we are loving every minute of it. He is very determined, very strong and so happy and sweet.


You have been on my mind so much lately. Not that that is very different than usual...but just really thinking about you and missing you. I think my anatomy class has something to do with it. Talking about things that you went through or or affected you...the fact that you're the reason I'm in the class...I'm doing alright in the class. It's hard, but interesting. I do wish you would send me a sign that I'm doing the right thing. I just wonder often if I am. What if I can't handle being a nurse? Not jus the blood, guts, etc..., but also the emotional part of it. Wish you were here to help me through it all. You have made me who I am and I love you dearly! I am so thankful for you and for all the people you have brought into my life. Just wish you were still here too. I want my cake and to eat it too - especially since I know you'd help me eat it :) I love you little girl. I love your brother. I hope he sees you and knows you. Thanks for watching over all of us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly! I love that photo of Grace, besides the angel one, that's my favorite! Just remember that this momma is always praying for you all. Camden is getting so big and the things he is doing! I remember when moving babies freaked Tyler out, because he was so used to Kyle not moving. I just always think that if it wasn't for Grace, we would have never met! I mean what are the odds of OU fans and UT fans getting along? So, she brings people together that otherwise wouldn't have! I'm glad that God is in charge, b/c we would be in big trouble! Love youa ll!