Tuesday, July 1, 2008

July already?!








I can not believe it is already July. Camden is 8 months old today! We practiced cake eating to get ready for his big 1st birthday. He stuck his hand right in the cake...and then right in his hair. He did that several times - as if trying to use the icing as gel. He's really starting to get around. He still isn't in a complete crawl yet but he's fast for his tummy crawl. And he loves to stand up. He isn't pulling up yet but likes to hold your hands and stand. The concept of putting one foot in front of the other to walk is also slowly coming to him. Too cute!




We survived our first Keep Austin Weird 5K. It really wasn't as bad as I feared. As out of shape as I am I thought I would surely pass out. I didn't - definitely need to keep walking and get healthier, but I made it. Keven did a great job and ran a lot of it. He's been working hard to get better at running. Our next attempt will probably be the Bat Run - you do the 5K and then watch all the bats fly out from under the bridge. I think that would be really cool!




I finally took Grace her 4th of July decorations. At least I got them out there before the 4th. They're hard to see in the picture but there are RWB star sprays in the 2 vases and a a RWB star garland around her stone. I like to decorate for the holidays...makes me feel better for some odd reason.

I'm excited about this weekend because our San Antonio family is coming up. It's always so good to see them!


Sure feels like more has been going on around here but I can't seem to think of anything. Been to a couple of baby showers and have several more in the next few months. Lots of bellies around. School...house cleaning....following Camden around and picking up stuff before he gets it - my way of baby proofing...dermatologist frequently...nothing too exciting. Hope everyone has a great week and a safe 4th of July!!



No comments: