Sunday, August 14, 2011

More Camdenisms and Summer Remorse

I knew I wouldn't remember all of Camden's cute sayings. So here's a few more and a funny story.

Grink = drink
skrike=strike
gump = jump
kips = chips
mazagine = magazine

Top on = on top of. IE: "What's top on the car?"  - What's on top of the car?
Beat up = beat.  IE: eating dinner he finished his food first "Look mom I beat you up"

He is fighting bed time - has been for a few weeks. Just will NOT go to sleep. Tonight's stall tactic - he needs a drink. So he keeps asking for one, no we aren't giving him one and we're doing mostly ignoring. This goes on for quite some time 20/30 minutes. He asks again and Keven tells him "No, b/c if you have a drink now you win and you're not going to win" so of course he says "Yes, I want to win!" Still no drink. So more and more of this whining and wanting a drink and ignoring. Then a bit later "Hey mom? When dad goes to bed can you get me a drink?" :)  Good thing he was in the other room so he didn't see us cracking up laughing. Still not asleep. Still needs a drink. His last try was about 10:15 when he asked if we were going to bed soon and we said yes and he said he'd get a drink after we both went to bed. Hmmmm...we shall see I suppose :)

Summer remorse - kind of like buyers remorse.  Where did this summer go?!!! Why did I not get done a fraction of what I hoped to this summer??!!  I had a good summer. Went on a couple of trips. Spent a lot of time with my wonderful boy, Camden. But that to-do list just didn't get to-done.  That exercise and weight loss never took off. I've enjoyed being lazy and playing way too much. My piles around the house haven't gotten much smaller. I'm not ready to go back to work tomorrow! I'm not ready to wake up to the alarm clock instead of Camden kissing my cheek :)  I'm not ready to be away from my boy for over 9 hours a day.  I know, I'm lucky, I have the summer off (granted any teacher can tell you it's much needed and deserved - for students and teachers alike) But it's so hard to go back. To see all the stuff I didn't get done this summer. I know...negative nancy...cheer up. It'll be fine and good and life goes on. But it just feels like summer remorse and I had to let it out :) 

And since it's now almost 11 PM and my child is STILL up and we do have an early morning tomorrow...guess I better go to bed.

No comments: