Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Camdenisms

August Depression has reared its ugly head and completely sunk it’s teeth into me. No good! I just want to crawl into a cave full of chocolate, coke and fried food and drool as I flip channels aimlessly on the TV. So, to try and counteract that I thought I would reflect upon some Camdenisms. :) Things/words Camden says that we love the way he says them. Or little stories that have tickled us. It’ll be good documentation for him too. I’ll start with his word and then translate. :) See how many I can remember.


Flou Ball/Flou tip = Foul Ball/Foul Tip

Nuffin = Nothing

Sumpen = Something

Mr. Kratz = Mr. Pratz

Ms. Alinda = Ms. Melinda

Riv Room = Living Room

Agamas (hard G)= Pajamas

Gen (hard G) = Jen

Driving down the road…”Why does daddy know how to drive fast?” Me “Because he’s a male” Camo “Why is he a male” Me “Because of his chromosomes” Snickering from the back seat – “Chromosomes, that’s a funny word”

Camo “What kind of car does God drive?” Me “I don’t know” Camo “We can just look it up on-line”

He wanted to watch a movie in my car - I don't have a player. He said Marmee has one in her car why I don't have one. I said I'm not as cool as Marmee. He said Is Marmee cool? I said yup. He asked if he was cool. I said yup. He said if he's cool then I should have one in my car for him. Uh oh...

Me: Do you need to go potty before we leave? Camo: Why? Was I doing the potty dance?

At a later date he was moving around and I asked if he needed to go to the bathroom. His response – No, I wasn’t doing the potty dance I was just moving. See I was doing this…the potty dance is like this…

Deep thoughts..."My God made bathrooms all around the world. If 1 is locked we can just go to another. That's awesome".

Miss IncrediGirl = Mrs. Incredible (from the Incredibles)

On a ride at Disney he was standing up. We asked him to sit down and he asked why. Because you need to be safe and have a seat. No, but I just standing up. :) Goober!

He’s been talking a lot about Grace lately and asking lots of questions about her. It’s so bittersweet. I’m glad he is though. He’s been asking a lot about God too. I don’t know if it’s because it’s August so she’s around even more…or if it’s because he’s getting older and trying to understand/comprehend…I think it’s both. He asked the other day what was on top of my leg – I finally figured out he was talking about the knee cap. He asked me why we had those – to help us move our legs. So he started moving his and asked if Grace moved hers too. We’ve talked about her disease and her chair and everything. I told him she tried and she could do it pretty well in the water. He liked that.

Because I had told him God was around us all the time he later asked why God was so big. And was he nice and why is he nice. He’s asked why Grace had a disease, why did she die.

“I love you mom. You’re a good mommy. You’re a cute little girl”

I know he has said a lot more cute things but that’s all I can think of for now. I love that boy. And his big sister too!



No comments: